Monday, January 26, 2015

Wife of Alan Ladd, Jr. says Coz drugged & raped her.

Former Hollywood exec: Cosby drugged and raped me By Lindsey KupferJanuary 26, 2015 | 6:04pm
Cindra Ladd (inset) has come forward as the latest alleged victim of Bill Cosby's. Photo: Getty Images/AP
Who didn't Cosby supposedly rape ? - TGFP. Former Hollywood executive Cindra Ladd, the wife of “Braveheart” producer Alan Ladd Jr., alleges that embattled comedian Bill Cosby drugged and raped her in 1969. In a first-person piece for The Huffington Post on Monday, Ladd said she met Cosby when she was a 21-year-old single woman working for the late film producer Ray Stark in New York City. She and Cosby, then 32 and married, became friendly and at first he acted like a “perfect gentleman.” His behavior changed, Ladd alleges, when she met him one night at his friend’s apartment before they were supposed to see a movie. She said she told the TV legend she had a “terrible headache.” “He told me he had a miracle cure his doctor had given him that would get rid of the headache,” Ladd wrote. “He went into another room and came back with a capsule. I asked a couple of times what it was. Each time he reassured me, asking, ‘Don’t you trust me?’ Of course I did. This was Bill Cosby.” Ladd said she woke up naked in bed, while Cosby wore a white terrycloth robe. “It was obvious to me that he had had sex with me,” she said. “I was horrified, embarrassed and ashamed. There was a mirror above the bed, which shocked me further.” ‘It never occurred to me to go to the police. It was a different time and “date rape” was a concept that didn’t exist. I just kept asking myself over and over in disbelief why this had happened to me. Other than my roommate, I did not discuss that night with anyone for 36 years.’ Over the last several months, more than 15 women have come forward accusing Cosby of sexual assault, including former models Janice Dickinson and Beverly Johnson. His projects with both NBC and Netflix have been canceled and many of his live shows were also nixed. Ladd wrote in the essay that this is the first and last time she will publicly discuss the alleged incident. She also noted that she does not plan to press charges. Modal Trigger Producer Alan Ladd Jr. and his wife, Cindra Ladd Photo: Getty Images “So why speak out at all and why now?” she said. “The simple answer is that it’s the right thing to do. The truth deserves to be known … I have read comments like, ‘What took them so long?’ and ‘What are they after now’? I would ask these people to remember that up until relatively recently, prosecuting rape was a ‘he said/she said’ proposition where the victim was blamed for having worn ‘suggestive clothing’ or questioned as to why she went somewhere with her rapist.” The 77-year-old comedian, who has denied a multitude of allegations through his attorney, continues to travel and perform at venues keeping their doors open, including locations in Colorado and California. Cosby recently released a statement saying his career is “far from finished.” Since that night in 1969, Ladd says she has “crossed paths with Cosby only once, when my husband, a highly successful Oscar-winning film executive and producer, introduced me to him.” “I was shaking, wondering if he would recognize me by my unusual first name,” she continued. “His reaction spoke volumes. To Bill Cosby, I was just another stranger.”

No comments:

Post a Comment